Phil's poker travel

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Life is good.

You ever wonder what makes a person happy? I can't answer that question for you but I could tell you what makes me happy. No, it's not money nor a philosophical thing like enjoy every moment for what it is, or look on the bright side of things. Sometimes there isn't a bright side and I believe it's okay to wallow in misery. What makes me happy is being able to do what I want and achieving it. Remember in the movie Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, the scene where Harold sees Goldstein and Rosenberg enjoying their hot dogs at "Hot Dog Heaven" and he said, "I want that. I want that feeling of being able to get what I want". Of course, I'm paraphrasing... I'm not one to remember movie quotes. Then he decides no matter what happens, he is going to get those White Castle burgers. Great movie. It's gotta be one of my favorites.

So why am I happy? Well, I've been winning recently in poker and I'm living in Toronto. It is so cool not having to work in an office and mind your own actions. It's not like I would do anything crazy anyhow but I'm always on the edge at work. And sometimes the day at the office just drags on and on. On top of that, I was working in Harrisburg, PA. It's not a bad city but it's not Toronto. My family and friends are here, and I love the cultural diversity and the multitude of all different ethnic restaurants, cultural shows and events, and good looking women. As long as you have a little money, Toronto is a great place to be.

Now for a little poker stats for those of you who wants to know whether I'm starving at my new job :).
Poker stats:
Limit hold'em: $1763.55, 33.5 hours, $52.70/hr
NL cash game: -$200.65, 2.5 hours, -$87/hr
Multitable tourneys: -$203, 13 hours, -$16/hr
------------------------------------------------
Overall: $1359.90, 49 hours, $28/hr

Notice that I haven't played much in May. With just poker, I could put in a solid 30 hours a week. However, I've been pretty busy with the new house. We finally moved in on Victoria Day long weekend. There are still a lot to unpack. I just love this new house. I think my mom and brother were right in deciding to get this new house. Everything is better. More space, better lighting, cleaner air, quieter neighbourhood, and my ensuite bathroom is just amazing :).

I can't wait to see my friend from Saskatoon next week. A lot of catching up to do...

Sweet sweet freedom! (Unbound from the golden handcuffs of Harrisburg!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home